ATTENTION NEW GENERATION WRITERS LIVING AND WORKING ON THE MARGINS
The STORY RENO STUDIO is a literary development intensive for new generation writers living and working on the margins. This opportunity includes:
- Weekly workshops (Mondays from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.) hosted by internationally recognized writer, educator, and literacy advocate Whitney French.
- Independent writing time with support and editorial consultation from a publishing industry professional.
- $500 sustenance bursary (for groceries, etc.) to help you spend focused time on your writing.
The STORY RENO STUDIO is open to writers working in any literary discipline who want to evolve a rough draft (or even an idea) into a polished final product. Writers will receive comprehensive and tailored mentorship in developing story, character, voice, plot, and style, and will have the opportunity to have their work constructively critiqued as well as critique the work of other writers in a supportive environment.
The STORY RENO STUDIO is for writers who:
- Are between the ages of 15 and 29 years old
- Have not received funding from the Toronto Arts Council, Ontario Arts Council, or Canada Council for the Arts
- Have not yet published in book form with a professional publishing body;
- Have not yet had their work produced by a commercial production company
- Have a rough draft, work in progress, or a strong idea for a literary project
- Have a demonstrated history of quality literary writing
- Identify as writers “living and working on the margins”
- Connect with CUE before submitting an application=
To connect with CUE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
CUE will be at SKETCH every Thursday in October from 2 - 7 p.m.
LOCATION - 180 Shaw Street, Suite 201
Drop by to discuss your project and get one-on-one consultation developing your proposal.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS