ATTENTION NEW-GENERATION WRITERS LIVING AND WORKING ON THE MARGINS
CUE is seeking proposals from writers for our 2018 Story Reno Studio.
The opportunity includes:
- Group literary development sessions (every other Wednesday,
7 - 10 p.m. from May - September) hosted by recognized writer,
educator, and literary advocate Whitney French
- A $1000 sustenance bursary to support independent writing
The Story Reno Studio is open to writers working in any literary discipline who want to evolve a rough draft, (or even an idea) into a polished manuscript. Writers will receive comprehensive and tailored mentorship in developing story, character, voice, plot, and style, and will have the opportunity to have their work constructively critiqued as well as critique the work of other writers in a supportive environment.
In addition to group workshops, the program includes independent writing time with editorial consultation.
The Story Reno Studio is for writers who:
- Are between the ages of 15 and 29 years old
- Have not received funding or grants for their work
- Have not yet published in book form with a professional publishing body
- Have not yet had their work produced by a commercial production company
- Have a rough draft, or a strong idea for a literary project
- Have a demonstrated history of quality literary writing
- Identify as writers "living and working on the margins"
DATES & LOCATION
Every other Wednesday, 7 - 10 p.m, from May - September
Workshops will take place at the Margin of Eras Gallery, in the neighborhood of Parkdale.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
April 30th, 2018
Late applications will not be accepted.